Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

beretta single stack

Beretta Single Stack - If you had to guess how many metal frame single stack 9mm pistols with frame mounted controls would be produced today? Ten models? Five? No, you are wrong, there are no metal frame single stack DA/SA 9mms in production today. If you look at the state of the industry, it makes a lot of sense The Stryker Arms polymer frame pistol is the future and the most popular type of pistol sold today. There are a few companies that make metal frame hammer firearms, CJ, Beretta and Sig are the biggest, but they have all released Glock options in recent years. CZ will probably get a license to print money if they issue one stack PCR or P-01 or even one stack P-07. The Beretta and Sig used a single-barreled 9mm; A Beretta with 92 Type M, which is now rarer than a chick without a baby, and a Sig with P225 and P239. 225 and 239 are also very rare these days, and their control bonuses are far from their true value as guns. So what if you want a smaller DA/SA for portability? What is the best solution? Well, when modern weapons won't fill the space, you've got to be weird…

What made my search for the perfect DA/SA pistol carry so difficult was my unique (or maybe silly) set of needs. A metal frame, ideally steel, but aluminum will be acceptable, pistol, frame mount decker, 9mm. Metal Frames Because metal frame pistols are more comfortable for me to shoot, my P-07 also sometimes has issues with some magazines not dropping and it puts me off plastic pistols for a while. From double action to single action because my competition pistols and I wanted the trigger system to be the same on all my pistols. Frame Mount Decker As I was thinking of triggering any slide mount controls during slide manipulation. My initial choices were:

Beretta Single Stack

Beretta Single Stack

I almost got rid of XDE after handling one at a gun show Its ergonomics are insane and the slide is very long for such a small gun Honestly, guns have never been better since polymer frames The RAP/Astra was an interesting option, I saw a Forgotten Arms video about the RAP and started looking into it (Forgotten Arms has a record, probably one of the worst channels to find a new pistol). The RAP had a lot going for it, the steel frame, frame mount deck and single stack magazine. Both the RAP and the Astra from which it was copied were issued to police services in Spain and South Africa, which is a good sign for any pistol. They weren't expensive either, gun dealers had many examples for less than $400 Admittedly, as much of a Wilbur Smith fan as I am, some ideas made in South Africa had a certain appeal. My concern was the lack of aftermarket support, not only that there is no way to upgrade the sights or grips, but also that spare parts like extractors or firing pins are hard to come by. Sigs were phased out, mainly due to cost and sig manuals where the guns weren't very friendly, with the 2399mm usually going for over $700,700 and the 225 often north of $800,800. That's a lot of money to spend

More On The New Slim Beretta Apx Carry 9mm (video) :: Guns.com

Work on refurbishing old production weapons like this S&W deleted as 3975 no longer exists S&W only made four models with the frame-mount deco, and none of them were single stacks. Model number 3975 comes from the Lucky Gunner's very helpful S&W Model Number Chart and represents what would be my dream third gen: medium size, single stack, 9mm frame. S&W actually lost tens of thousands of sales The last widely used variant would have been the Beretta 92 Compact Type M. A limited-production single-barrel version of the previously rare 92 Compact, the Type M met all requirements except for the slide-mount deco. With such low production numbers, when found, it was rare to see them for less than $900, and all Type M models had a front sight that was built into the slide. Another weapon that would be expensive to upgrade at such a high initial cost So with basically every "mainstream" option ruled out, it's time to fix the criteria.

At some point during this time I came across a Military Arms Channel video on the Beretta 85. On the surface it met all the criteria, it was an aluminum frame, SE/SE with a frame mount decker/protection (but the protection was easy). Unlike a normal Beretta or S&W slide, it's unlikely and unlikely to engage inadvertently). It was also a single stack and police trade example was available for less than $400 There was some bad use, it was a straight hit, not a locked bolt, the Beretta just stopped all Cheetah types and it was chambered in 9mm……. Abbreviated or .380 ACP as it is known in the US Feedback was generally positive, but Midwest Gunworks has a section for the .85 with only a small portion available, and after seeing an excellent series of shooting Bull 410s in .380 ambush tests, I felt that downgrading to the .380 was a compromise. is About the other features I am looking for For more details on my early impressions of the 85, see my Angry Guns review

After purchasing the 85F, I began a trial period before wearing it On my first range, I put 100 FMJ and 25 hole points, no malfunctions. Recoil from the direct strike system is strong, more than you'd expect from a .380 But because of the light open top slide, the recoil is very flat even for new shooters For the second range trip I bought four different brands of hollow ammo (about 125 rounds) and shot them all, I had three misses with the 99 grain Federal HST. Further testing would steer me away from heavy caliber rounds as I believe the extra bullet length causes feeding problems. After cavity testing, I ordered a 350 round pack of 95 grain Blazer brass In one range session I shot all 350 rounds, at one point I had to take a break because the gun was too hot for comfort. There was no point failure in this session Meanwhile, Caleb Giddings (recently of Paul Harrell drama fame) posted about his Beretta 84 on Instagram and mentioned that a Wilson Combat GP 100 mainspring had entered it. The Beretta 84 is a double-stack version of the Cheetah, and the two share many parts I ordered a GP100 spring kit and installed a 12# mainspring and it worked! This reduced the double action trigger pull by about 6 pounds (this is a guess, I don't have a trigger gauge). After installing this mod I ordered a 250 round Hornady American Gunner Hollow Points case. I chose American Gunners as my load because the cartridges loaded with the Hornady XTP bullet were the best in the Shootthebull410 video and American Gunners were plentiful at my local sporting goods academy and gun store. There were no major issues with firing the primers, the 85 went through over 1000 rounds with only three misfires, and I decided it was good for carry. (Really anyone trying this nonsense on their 84/85, Beretta recommends changing the mainspring every 500 rounds if you have a light mainspring.) Then I also shot the 85 IDPA in a match with my actual carry, The video of which can be seen Here I finished 26th out of 76 shooters despite an arbitrary penalty in one round with my equipment handicap and movement. Not bad for a small pocket pistol

I ended up with my Beretta 85 because of its strict (some would say ridiculous) instructions. However, I think this is a good example of choosing which weapon features are most important to you Somewhat ironically, shooting the 85 has helped me overcome my aversion to sliding controls. Since the only way to cock the 85 is to use the cut on the front of the slide, I've gotten into the habit of using the front gear on all my pistols (because you have to, I know). So, weapons that I previously thought were inappropriate, now look very attractive But overall I'm very happy with my 85, although I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone. That's it

Beretta M9 9mm Luger 4.9in Black Pistol

Single stack mag pouches, single stack functional trainer, single pole stack switch, single stack gym, beretta 92 single stack, single stack weight machine, single stack home gym, single stack cable machine, single exhaust stack kit, single stack wine rack, single stack magazine holster, single stack mag holder

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code